I recently purchased the Ideal Meal Replacement Shakes from Ideal Shape. I had been tracking my calories using My Fitness Pal and I noticed that I was getting almost no iron in my diet. I was low on a couple other minerals as well, but I was most concerned about iron since it’s an important mineral for your body and it isn’t included in multivitamins. I was also finding myself really hungry when trying to stick to my calorie goals for the day. After doing a lot of research, meal replacement shakes seemed like a good solution to both problems and I had heard amazing things about the Ideal Shakes (plus they are really reasonably priced) so I decided to give them a try!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I regularly use all of the products listed below and recommend them because I love them. I purchased this plan myself, I was not sent it free for review, so these are my honest, unbiased opinions. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything listed below.
I ordered a three pack of the shakes so I could try a variety of flavors (and because it’s the best value) and it came with a free shaker bottle, a smoothie recipe book, and the Ideal Shape Plan. I was originally planning to just add the shakes into my current diet, however since they came with the Ideal Plan I decided to give the whole plan a try. The verdict, I love it!! It has actually taken my spot as favorite plan, replacing my previous favorite (Trainer Lindsey’s 6 Week Fit Body Challenge).
- This is a healthy, balanced diet. You are eating a good variety of the three macro groups and getting all the nutrients your body needs thanks to the Ideal Shakes
- You will not be hungry on this plan
- The weight came off quickly for me with this plan
- The plan is very flexible. You can pick a favorite food option from each list for every meal/snack. There are also many recipe options included if you’re like me and not always sure how to put foods together in a tasty way.
- The food is good! Since you are picking the foods you like off of each list, you don’t have to choke down anything you don’t like
- In my opinion this is one of the easiest plans to stick to. It has just the right amount of guidance and flexibility to help you stay consistent even when you are on the go. There isn’t a ton of food prep and there are some easy to grab food options, including the shakes themselves.
- The shakes (at least the flavors I tried) are honestly delicious! Like really truly delicious, and I typically am not a fan of shakes of any sort, especially protein powder
- You really can’t beat the price. I love all of the Ideal products because they are always a great value. I have yet to find a better value with any company. These shakes are a very reasonable price, and the plan actually comes free with the shakes so it’s a very affordable option.
- Honestly of all the plans I have tried (and I’ve tried a lot! You can compare and contrast many of them here), this one has the last cons in my opinion. I’m having a hard time coming up with cons for this plan. The one con I am coming up with, which is common for many plans, is that you may have to give up certain foods, such as sugary coffee drinks or other favorite snacks. There aren’t a lot of processed food options on the food lists.
- This plan does not come with workouts. For me that’s not really a con because I have so many workout DVDs, and there are so many workouts out there on Pinterest it’s so easy to just pull one up and do it in your living room or back yard.
- I recommend purchasing the three pack of Ideal Shape Shakes so you have three different varieties to choose from since you’ll be having two shakes a day. So far I have tried peanut butter, mint chocolate chip, and the vanilla superfoods blend. The peanut butter and mint chocolate chip are really delicious, they do not need any add-ins to taste great. The vanilla superfoods blend, which is healthier, doesn’t taste quite as good and does need some add-ins in my opinion (fruit, etc.) to taste good. I am looking forward to trying the orange creamsicle and cookies and cream flavors next time I place an order.
- I have used unsweetened coconut milk, unsweetened almond milk, and a mixture of 1/2 cup low fat milk and 1/2 cup water with my shakes and all taste good. I prefer to add the liquid, a scoop of the powder, and a couple ice cubes to my shaker bottle and just drink them like that.
- If you are using the Ideal Plan it will recommend mixing other things in with your shakes. You can certainly give that a try, but personally I prefer to have my shakes plain (as noted above) and eating the “add-ins” separately. Feels like more food and I enjoy the shakes, as well as the extra food, more this way.
- Make multiple servings of the recipes to use for a few days so you don’t have to do as much cooking, and you have food on hand for times when you are in a pinch.
Well there you have it, my honest review of the Ideal Shape Plan and Ideal Shakes. I purchased these products (I was not sent them free for review) and I plan to continue purchasing them. I feel great when I’m on this plan, or even just using the shakes as diet supplements. I know this is in part because I’m getting all the nutrients my body needs (such as iron, which I was previously lacking). I am down 12 pounds since starting this plan less than a month ago, and I plan to continue with it for the time being.
If you give this plan a try (or even just the meal replacement shakes) comment below, I would love to hear how it goes for you!
You may also enjoy:
– My Unbiased Review of Trainer Lindsey’s 6 Week Fit Body Challenge
– Compare and Contrast Several Different Popular Meal Plans, Diets and Lifestyles
– 21 Alternatives to Snacking at Night
– My Experience with Trainer Lindsey’s Free 15 Day Challenge
– My Weight Loss Story