The first time I tried Nutrisystem was a couple years ago when I was trying to prepare for my best friend’s wedding. I was in the middle of my busy season at work, and I was constantly on the go, driving my son (who has apraxia) to and from his different therapy appointments. I felt like my biggest challenge with weight loss was having the time to do food prep, so Nutrisystem seemed like a logical option. Here are my unbiased thoughts on the Nutrisystem program.
There’s no denying that Nutrisystem makes it easy. Whenever you are hungry, your food is there and ready to be heated up. That summer, doing Nutrisystem, I was able to get down to my lowest weight to date. Now keep in mind, just because the food is prepared and easy to grab, doesn’t mean that your self-control issues will be any different. You still have to have the will power to resist cheating on your meal plan.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. However, I purchased this plan myself, I was not sent it free for review, so these are my true, unbiased opinions. I try to be very thorough and honest in all of my reviews. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything listed below.
Here is a full list of the pros and cons, according to my humble opinion 😉
- All of your meals are ready and waiting for you. You never have to worry about grabbing something unhealthy just because you are too starving to prepare something healthy.
- You can eat a huge variety of foods with Nutrisystem because they have a ton of choices.
- If being busy is your number one downfall with eating healthy, this may be a good plan for you, because you can easily grab your food and take it to go.
- Overall I liked the food and thought it tasted good. It really only took me about a month to figure out which foods I liked and which I didn’t, so from there on I made sure to only order the meals I loved.
- I lost weight pretty quickly using Nutrisystem, and was able to get down to my lowest weight yet.
- It is one of the spender options out there. Obviously it includes almost all of the food you will be eating, but for me personally, it was significantly more than I would normally spend on food for myself each month.
- This is just my personal experience, but I was a bit hungry on this plan. I was doing high intensity workouts, which I’m sure contributed, but at the end of the night I was going to bed a little hungry. If I were to do Nutrisystem again I would probably just add in another healthy snack at the end of the night.
Well there you have it, the pros and cons of Nutrisystem, as far as I’m concerned. If you’ve ever tried Nutrisystem, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! If you are considering signing up, you can get 40% off every order, as well as free turbo shakes and free shipping, using this link.
You may also be interested in:
– Compare and contrast the pros and cons of several popular diet options
– 21 Alternatives to snacking at night
– Free 20 Minute Bodyweight Workouts
– How I lost 12 Pounds in 3 Weeks on the Ideal Shape Plan