In my post about the Power Hour Method I talked about why daily self-care is so important, and how you can incorporate it into your busy life. Here are 21 additional, simple ways that you can practice self-care right now!
As busy women we so often forget to take care of ourselves. We are so busy taking care of everyone else that we often forget about our own mental and emotional well-being. Even a small amount of daily self care will lead to a happier, healthier, calmer you. When you take care of yourself you’ll be a better wife, mother, daughter, employee, and anything else you aspire to be!
- Take a coffee break (don’t multi-task or work, just live in the moment and enjoy the break)
- Write a letter or note
- Call a loved one
- Spend time with a pet
- Write in a journal
- Go for a walk
- Watch a favorite movie, especially one that makes you laugh
- Plan a date with your significant other, a friend, or a group of friends (and actually do it)
- Look up some healthy recipes, find one that looks good, and plan to make it sometime this week (try skinnytaste.com!)
- Pick one space in your home to declutter. This could be a room, a drawer, closet, any space in your home that needs some attention. Get rid of as much as possible and get that space organized.
- Get in a little physical activity today. If not a workout, yoga, or dancing, at least try doing some stretching
- Meditate or pray
- Do a random act of kindness for someone
- Try taking a social media fast for a day, or at least a couple hours each day
- Read an uplifting book or listen to an inspiring podcast
- Do something you enjoy doing but rarely find the time to do (even if it means putting off work for 20 minutes)
- Clean off your computer desktop, delete old emails you don’t need, organize your digital photos (and order some to be printed!)
- Create some positive affirmations for yourself
- Learn more about mindfulness or minimalism
- Cross something off your to-do list
- Try something you’ve pinned to Pinterest
Well that’s it, 21 quick and simple ideas for practicing self-care right now! I would love to hear how you practice self-care in the comments below!
You may also enjoy:
5 Inspiring Quotes to Turn Around a Bad Day or Week
My Free 14 Day Mind, Body, & Soul Challenge for a Happier, Healthier, More Balanced You
5 Ways to Beat Depression and the Winter Blues